SaniTEE® wastewater screens are now available in 4″, 8″ and 16″ sizes and provide consistent retention of wastewater solids for applications up to 20,000 gallons per day. Multiple SaniTEE screens can be used for flows above 20,000. SaniTEE Wastewater Screens SaniTEE self-cleaning wastewater deflection screens (commonly known as septic tank effluent filters) are designed to reduce suspended solids discharged in septic tank effluent by promoting natural sedimentation and excluding gas-lifted particles from entering the outlet pipe. Additionally, SaniTEE’s patented keyhole weirs help to attenuate surge flows, delivering a more consistent flow for further treatment or dispersal. These features help extend the lives of drain fields, reduce the clogging of orifices in effluent disposal systems and allow flexibility in the use of different types of effluent pumps.
How It Works
As sewage enters the septic tank, grease, oils and light weight particles rise to join the scum layer at the water surface. Heavier solids settle to the bottom to join the sludge layer. In between these layers is a zone of relatively clean effluent. This effluent enters the side of the SaniTEE screen, passing through the angled slots. Clarified effluent then travels up through the inside of SaniTEE and out through patented keyhole weirs to discharge via the standard outlet piping. As solids come in contact with the smooth vertical surface of the screen, they tend to slough off, falling back into the septic tank, instead of collecting inside the filter housing.
Simple Installation and Maintenance
The installation of SaniTEE consists of dropping it inside a standard septic tank outlet tee. No tools required. When cleaning the SaniTEE, simply move the swab handle up and down to pass the swab through the center screen. This swabbing action will dislodge any debris that might be trapped in the angled slots. If inspection is required, SaniTEE can be removed easily by simply lifting the screen out of the outlet tee.
USA and International Product Certifications
The list below is a summary of a few certifications received for the products of Bio-Microbics:
- RetroFAST .250 & .375 – US EPA – ETV (US Environmental Protection Agency – Environmental Technology Verification) –Develops testing procedures and validates the performance of technology that may improve the protection of the environment, including water and wastewater. ETV accelerates the introduction of environmental technologies in the market, as well as monitoring and treatment technology for homeland security.
- All Control Panels – CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Electrical Certification International and the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI), the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), Health Canada, provincial regulators, and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to promote standards for consumer safety in North America and around the world. Tested to standards for safety and/or performance.
- All Control Panels – CE – European Electrical Systems (including a “Tropical Certification Rating”) When products have been shown to meet the essential requirements of the directive or EN standard the product is available for sale anywhere in the European market.
- All Control Panels – ETL and RoHS Compliant – Intertek Testing ServicesEvaluated and meets the standard equivalent to the requirements set by Intertek and equivalent to UL (Underwriter’s Laboratories).
- All FAST® – Poland – Aprobata Techniczna (Technology Approval) ze Instytut Ochrony Srodowiska (Institute of Environmental Protection)
- All FAST – Russia – (Federal Service of Environmental Protection) Technology Approval
- All Control Panels – SASO (Saudi Arabian Standards Organization) Electrical StandardsThe Saudi Arabian Standards Organization approves national standards and measurements for all commodities and products, methods of sampling, inspection and testing, in addition to other assignments resolved by SASO Board of Directors in the Kingdom.
- All FAST – U.K. – United Kingdom Department of Trade
Independent Third-Party Testing
Verification programs/locations in which Bio-Microbics installed a Wastewater Treatment System for analysis of performance:
- Massachusetts Title 5 General Use – The first system described as an “Innovative and Alternative (I/A) System” to recieved the General Use Approval rating for Nitrogen Reduction
- Florida OWNRS (Onsite Wastewater Nitrogen Reduction Study) Phases I and II
- New Mexico State/New Mexico University
- University of Rhode Island
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- Ventura County, CA
- US EPA Environmental Technology Verification Program (ETV), B.C., Canada
- La Pine, OR
- Burnette, WA
- NSF International testing and evaluation for Standard 40, 245, and 350
Recent Business and Technology Awards
- 2012 President’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exports
- 2011 Kansas Governor Exporter of the Year
- 2011 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Award (Decentralized Commercial Outlets)
- 2011 New Product of the Year (Recycling) – BioBarrier® MBR System – Environmental Protection Magazine (EPOnline)
- 2010 North American Technology Innovation Award (Water/Wastewater) – Frost & Sullivan
- 2009 Exporter of the Year Award, Environmental – ThinkGlobal / Commercial News USA (Official publication of the US Dept. of Commerce)
- 2009 Technology Merit Business Achievement Award, Water/Wastewater – Environmental Business Journal (EBJ)
SaniTEE Product Brochures
SaniTEE Product Manuals
SaniTEE Drawings and Specifications
|SaniTEE Model Size||Screen Diameter||Screening Level||Flow Range||File Type|
|SNT416||4″||1/16″||up to 1,000 GPD||DXF PDF|
|SNT418||4″||1/8″||up to 2,000 GPD||DXF PDF|
|SNT818||8″||1/8″||up to 6,000 GPD||DXF PDF|
|SNT838||8″||3/8″||up to 10,000 GPD||DXF PDF|
|SNT1618||16″||1/8″||up to 10,000 GPD||DXF PDF|
|SNT1638||16″||3/8″||up to 20,000 GPD||DXF PDF|