Proven, Safe, Reliable
HighStrengthFAST® wastewater treatment systems are ideally suited for use in commercial properties such as restaurants, schools, trailer parks, office buildings and other high-strength waste applications. Commercial facilities are among the most challenging projects, often having biological loading (BOD) and Fat, Oil, and Grease (FOG) levels that are significantly higher than standard sanitary-strength sewage. Certain applications have additional challenges that affect the wastewater treatment system due to the unique characteristics. Wastewater treatment projects should always be designed with these challenges in mind and never on flow volumes alone. HighStrengthFAST wastewater treatment systems are proven, innovative treatment products that provide robust, high-performance treatment to meet the challenges of our changing world. Dependable, affordable…FAST®.
The Real Beauty of this Remarkable System is How Well it Works.
FAST is simply great technology, based on environmentally sound and simple scientific principles. The FAST (Fixed Activated Sludge Treatment) process employs a unique hybrid combination of attached and suspended growth in an aerobic, packed bed bioreactor. This proven IFAS (Integrated Fixed-Film Activated Sludge) combination includes the stability of fully-submerged, fixed-film media and the effectiveness of activated sludge treatment, making the innovative, patented FAST system technologically advanced and extraordinarily reliable.
Nitrification and denitrification projects are much easier with FAST technology. Multiple biological, bio-chemical, and physical processes occur simultaneously within the FAST wastewater treatment system. FAST wastewater treatment systems have proven themselves to consistently reduce nitrogen levels – including nitrates and all other nitrogen species – at exceptionally high percentage rates.
USA and International Product Certifications
The list below is a summary of a few certifications received for the products of Bio-Microbics:
- RetroFAST .250 & .375 – US EPA – ETV (US Environmental Protection Agency – Environmental Technology Verification) –Develops testing procedures and validates the performance of technology that may improve the protection of the environment, including water and wastewater. ETV accelerates the introduction of environmental technologies in the market, as well as monitoring and treatment technology for homeland security.
- All Control Panels – CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Electrical Certification International and the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI), the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), Health Canada, provincial regulators, and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to promote standards for consumer safety in North America and around the world. Tested to standards for safety and/or performance.
- All Control Panels – CE – European Electrical Systems (including a “Tropical Certification Rating”) When products have been shown to meet the essential requirements of the directive or EN standard the product is available for sale anywhere in the European market.
- All Control Panels – ETL and RoHS Compliant – Intertek Testing ServicesEvaluated and meets the standard equivalent to the requirements set by Intertek and equivalent to UL (Underwriter’s Laboratories).
- All FAST – Poland – Aprobata Techniczna (Technology Approval) ze Instytut Ochrony Srodowiska (Institute of Environmental Protection)
- All FAST – Russia – (Federal Service of Environmental Protection) Technology Approval
- All Control Panels – SASO (Saudi Arabian Standards Organization) Electrical StandardsThe Saudi Arabian Standards Organization approves national standards and measurements for all commodities and products, methods of sampling, inspection and testing, in addition to other assignments resolved by SASO Board of Directors in the Kingdom.
- All FAST – U.K. – United Kingdom Department of Trade
Independent Third-Party Testing
Verification programs/locations in which Bio-Microbics installed a Wastewater Treatment System for analysis of performance:
- Massachusetts Title 5 General Use – The first system described as an “Innovative and Alternative (I/A) System” to received the General Use Approval rating for Nitrogen Reduction
- Florida OWNRS (Onsite Wastewater Nitrogen Reduction Study) Phases I and II
- New Mexico State/New Mexico University
- University of Rhode Island
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- Ventura County, CA
- US EPA Environmental Technology Verification Program (ETV), B.C., Canada
- La Pine, OR
- Burnette, WA
- NSF International testing and evaluation for Standard 40, 245, and 350
Recent Business and Technology Awards
- 2012 President’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exports
- 2011 Kansas Governor Exporter of the Year
- 2011 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Award (Decentralized Commercial Outlets)
- 2011 New Product of the Year (Recycling) – BioBarrier MBR System – Environmental Protection Magazine (EPOnline)
- 2010 North American Technology Innovation Award (Water/Wastewater) – Frost & Sullivan
- 2009 Exporter of the Year Award, Environmental – ThinkGlobal / Commercial News USA (Official publication of the US Dept. of Commerce)
- 2009 Technology Merit Business Achievement Award, Water/Wastewater – Environmental Business Journal (EBJ)
HighStrengthFAST Product Brochures
HighStrengthFAST Product Manuals
HighStrengthFAST® Drawings and Specifications
|Unit Size||Treatment Capacity||File Type|
|HighStrengthFAST 1.0||Consult Factory||DXF PDF|
|HighStrengthFAST 1.5||Consult Factory||DXF PDF|
|HighStrengthFAST 3.0||Consult Factory||DXF PDF|
|HighStrengthFAST 4.5||Consult Factory||DXF PDF|
|HighStrengthFAST 9.0||Consult Factory||DXF PDF|