ABC (Anoxic Biofilter Clarifier) Specialty Clarifiers
The ABC®-N denitrification device is designed primarily for use as a denitrification (nitrate reducing) device when exceptional levels of nitrogen reduction are required. A carbon feed system (by others) supplies a carbon source, and the ABC-N promotes the growth of bacteria that denitrifies nitrified wastewater from most wastewater flows.
The ABC-N system combines naturally occurring bacteria (biomass) with an external carbon source to denitirify wastewater that has been nitrified by an upstream aeration system such as FAST®. This is a continuous process provided; the biomass is supplied with food (carbon) and oxygen (nitrate molecule) in a suitable environment.
The ABC-N process consists of the treatment module with re-circulation pump and assembly. The re-circulation pump and assembly mixes nitrates (NO3) and carbon throughout the media inside the tank. Bacteria grows on the media and
uses the nitrates as oxygen, thereby transforming the nitrates into harmless nitrogen gas (N2). Dead bacteria and non-biodegradable waste settle and accumulate in the bottom of the septic tank as sludge for periodic removal.
Finding the right size…
The flow for a residence is usually determined at the local regulatory level. Typically each bedroom is assigned a value for the number of GPD of wastewater it will contribute to the overall sewer.
Key things you need to know for your system:
- Local Regulatory Guidelines
- Number of Bedrooms/Persons of occupancy
|ABC-N 0.5||500 GPD|
|ABC-N 0.75||750 GPD|
|ABC-N 1.0||900 GPD|
|ABC-N 1.5||1,500 GPD|
|ABC-N 3.0||3,000 GPD|
|ABC-N 4.5||4,500 GPD|
|ABC-N 9.0||9,000 GPD|
Removal of Phosphorous:ABC-P Available Sizes
|ABC-P 3.0||3,000 GPD||Consult Factory|
|ABC-P 9.0||9,000 GPD||Consult Factory|
ABC-C Available Sizes
|ABC-C 3.0||3,000 GPD||Consult Factory|
|ABC-C 9.0||9,000 GPD||Consult Factory|
USA and International Product Certifications
The list below is a summary of a few certifications received for the products of Bio-Microbics:
- RetroFAST .250 & .375 – US EPA – ETV (US Environmental Protection Agency – Environmental Technology Verification) –Develops testing procedures and validates the performance of technology that may improve the protection of the environment, including water and wastewater. ETV accelerates the introduction of environmental technologies in the market, as well as monitoring and treatment technology for homeland security.
- All Control Panels – CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Electrical Certification International and the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI), the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), Health Canada, provincial regulators, and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to promote standards for consumer safety in North America and around the world. Tested to standards for safety and/or performance.
- All Control Panels – CE – European Electrical Systems (including a “Tropical Certification Rating”) When products have been shown to meet the essential requirements of the directive or EN standard the product is available for sale anywhere in the European market.
- All Control Panels – ETL and RoHS Compliant – Intertek Testing ServicesEvaluated and meets the standard equivalent to the requirements set by Intertek and equivalent to UL (Underwriter’s Laboratories).
- All FAST – Poland – Aprobata Techniczna (Technology Approval) ze Instytut Ochrony Srodowiska (Institute of Environmental Protection)
- All FAST – Russia – (Federal Service of Environmental Protection) Technology Approval
- All Control Panels – SASO (Saudi Arabian Standards Organization) Electrical StandardsThe Saudi Arabian Standards Organization approves national standards and measurements for all commodities and products, methods of sampling, inspection and testing, in addition to other assignments resolved by SASO Board of Directors in the Kingdom.
- All FAST – U.K. – United Kingdom Department of Trade
Independent Third-Party Testing
Verification programs/locations in which Bio-Microbics installed a Wastewater Treatment System for analysis of performance:
- Massachusetts Title 5 General Use – The first system described as an “Innovative and Alternative (I/A) System” to recieved the General Use Approval rating for Nitrogen Reduction
- Florida OWNRS (Onsite Wastewater Nitrogen Reduction Study) Phases I and II
- New Mexico State/New Mexico University
- University of Rhode Island
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- Ventura County, CA
- US EPA Environmental Technology Verification Program (ETV), B.C., Canada
- La Pine, OR
- Burnette, WA
- NSF International testing and evaluation for Standard 40, 245, and 350
Recent Business and Technology Awards
- 2012 President’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exports
- 2011 Kansas Governor Exporter of the Year
- 2011 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Award (Decentralized Commercial Outlets)
- 2011 New Product of the Year (Recycling) – BioBarrier MBR System – Environmental Protection Magazine (EPOnline)
- 2010 North American Technology Innovation Award (Water/Wastewater) – Frost & Sullivan
- 2009 Exporter of the Year Award, Environmental – ThinkGlobal / Commercial News USA (Official publication of the US Dept. of Commerce)
- 2009 Technology Merit Business Achievement Award, Water/Wastewater – Environmental Business Journal (EBJ)
ABC Product Brochure
ABC Product Manuals
ABC Specialty Clarifiers Downloads and Specifications
|ABC-N Model Size||GPD||Formats|
|ABC-N 0.5||500 GPD||DXF PDF|
|ABC-N 0.75||750 GPD||DXF PDF|
|ABC-N 1.0||900 GPD||DXF PDF|
|ABC-N 1.5||1500 GPD||DXF PDF|
|ABC-N 3.0||3000 GPD||DXF PDF|
|ABC-N 4.5||4500 GPD||DXF PDF|
|ABC-N 9.0||9000 GPD||DXF PDF|
|ABC-P Model Size||GPD||Formats|
|ABC-P 3.0||3000 GPD||Consult Factory|
|ABC-P 9.0||9000 GPD||Consult Factory|
|ABC-C® Model Size||GPD||Formats|
|ABC®-C 3.0||3000 GPD||Consult Factory|
|ABC®-C 9.0||9000 GPD||Consult Factory|