LIXOR Submerged Aeration System
LIXOR® is a remarkably effective submerged aeration and mixing system. Extremely low-maintenance and surprisingly efficient, LIXOR’s non-clogging, Venturi-type diffuser supplies air for simultaneous aeration and mixing in a variety of wastewater applications. Low-cost pre- aeration, aeration, sweetening and mixing are just a few of the cleverly- designed LIXOR’s impressive list of potential uses.
Wastewater Aeration 101
Aeration is the process of dissolving oxygen into water. In wastewater treatment, adequate aeration and mixing is a key component of successful system design. Dissolved oxygen enables aerobic bacteria and other microorganisms to quickly biodegrade and digest incoming organic matter, significantly reducing the concentration of pollutants in the wastewater.
How Can LIXOR Help You Today?
Each LIXOR submerged aeration system is designed to achieve reliable aeration and mixing performance efficiencies. Individual or multiple LIXORs may be used in many ways as part of your overall wastewater plant design to help achieve desired treatment goals. Each LIXOR system is easily installed into new or existing basins and is equipped with a reliable regenerative blower, the system’s only moving part. LIXORs add a new dimension of flexibility and performance in wastewater system design and upgrades.
Our products are certified to the highest national and international standards in our industry. If you require additional certification marks, etc, please Contact us your request.
USA and International Product Certifications
The list below is a summary of a few certifications received for the products of Bio-Microbics:
- All Control Panels – CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Electrical Certification CSA International and the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI), the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), Health Canada, provincial regulators, and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to promote standards for consumer safety in North America and around the world. CSA testing is accepted by key conformity assessment organizations in the U.S. including IAPMO and ASSE. Tested and meets applicable standards for safety and/or performance, including the applicable standards written or administered by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), Underwriters Laboratories (UL), Canadian Standards Association (CSA), National Sanitation Foundation International (NSF), and others.
- All Control Panels – CE – European Electrical Systems (including a “Tropical Certification Rating”) The European (EN) standards by adopting universal requirements to cover all of Europe and promote the free movement of goods within Europe. When products have been shown to meet the essential requirements of the directive or EN standard the product is available for sale anywhere in the European market.
- All Control Panels – ETL and RoHS Compliant – Intertek Testing Services Evaluated and meets the standard equivalent to the requirements set by Intertek and equivalent to UL (Underwriter’s Laboratories). Periodic checks are performed to assure consistent compliance of the product and in compliance with both Canadian and U.S. requirements.
- All FAST – Poland – Aprobata Techniczna (Technology Approval) ze Instytut Ochrony Srodowiska (Institute of Environmental Protection)
- All FAST – Russia – (Federal Service of Environmental Protection) Technology Approval
- All Control Panels – SASO (Saudi Arabian Standards Organization) Electrical Standards The Saudi Arabian Standards Organization approves national standards and measurements for all commodities and products, methods of sampling, inspection and testing, in addition to other assignments resolved by SASO Board of Directors in the Kingdom.
- All FAST – U.K. – United Kingdom Department of Trade
Independent Third-Party Testing
Verification programs/locations in which Bio-Microbics installed a Wastewater Treatment System for analysis of performance:
- Massachusetts Title 5 General Use – The first system described as an “Innovative and Alternative (I/A) System” to received the General Use Approval rating for Nitrogen Reduction
- Florida OWNRS (Onsite Wastewater Nitrogen Reduction Study) Phases I and II
- New Mexico State/New Mexico University
- University of Rhode Island
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- Ventura County, CA
- US EPA Environmental Technology Verification Program (ETV), B.C., Canada
- La Pine, OR
- Burnette, WA
- NSF International testing and evaluation for Standard 40, 245, and 350
Recent Awards and Memberships
- 2011 Kansas Governor Exporter of the Year, presented by the Gov. of Kansas, Sam Brownback
- 2011 Frost and Sullivan Technology Innovation Award (Decentralized Commercial Outlets)
- 2011 New Product of the Year (Recycling) – BioBarrier MBR System – Environmental Protection (EPOnline)
- 2010 and 2009 Kansas Governor Exporter of the Year Finalist – Kansas Cavalry/Kansas Dept of Commerce
- 2010 North American Technology Innovation Award (Water/Wastewater) – Frost and Sullivan
- 2009 Exporter of the Year Award, Environmental – ThinkGlobal / Commercial News USA (Official publication of the US Dept. of Commerce)
- 2009 Technology Merit Business Achievement Award, Water/Wastewater – Environmental Business Journal (EBJ)
- 2010 Associate Member – Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- Gold Member BBP – National Onsite Water Recycling Association (NOWRA)
LIXOR Product Manuals
LIXOR downloads and Specifications
|Unit||Treatment Capacity / Maximum BOD loading per day||Installed Unit File Type|
|Lixor 0.5||6 ppd/unit||DXF PDF|
|Lixor 1.0||14 ppd/unit||DXF PDF|
|Lixor 2.0||30 ppd/unit||DXF PDF|
|Lixor 3.0||44 ppd/unit||DXF PDF|
|Lixor 4.0||58 ppd/unit||DXF PDF|
|Lixor 4.0XD||58 ppd/unit||DXF PDF|
|Lixor 6.0||90 ppd/unit||DXF PDF|
|Lixor 6.0XD||90 ppd/unit||DXF PDF|