Robust, Low-Maintenance Wastewater Transfer
BioSTEP® screened pumping systems are versatile “Septic Tank Effluent Pumping” packages designed for on lot equipment to transfer screened liquids in numerous small-diameter, decentralized collection applications. Each pre-packaged BioSTEP combines proven, low-maintenance components with unique, engineered features to create a Collection System solution that is innovative, less disruptive, and more economical for a wide variety of design needs.
The Benefits of Small-Diameter Sewer
The BioSTEP Septic Tank Effluent Pumping” packages (interceptor tank and BioSTEP screened pumping package per home), along with an alternative wastewater treatment systems (such as: MicroFAST® or MyFAST®) reduce installation time, material requirements, and construction costs for new neighborhood developments or community redevelopment.
Additionally, The BioSTEP can help overcome site-related limitations: small lot sizes, poor soil conditions, outside urban growth boundaries, or challenges with terrain; no lift stations or other manholes to construct, while maintaining a “sewer-like” feel:
- • Permits more lots per acre (compared with individual, conventional septic systems and traditional drainfields)
- • Reduces overall cost of installing and maintaining a community collection system
- • Allows developers to permit homes quicker in phases, rather than wait for entire neighborhood completion!
Unique Design Features Offer a STEP Up in Maintenance
Once installed, BioSTEP screened pumping systems are designed to be cleaned in place – no removal of any components. BioSTEP screened pump vaults utilize the patented SaniTEE screening technology to screen and deflect solids, rather than the capture/clog method like other filtering technologies. The easy-pull-cleaning swab handle is used to maintain the exterior and flush out the angled slots. Additionally, the new ScumGuard® acts as a shield to protect each BioSTEP from oil-laden scum (FOG) and provides flexible, uniform installation options for most tank, manhole, and riser configurations.
USA and International Product Certifications
The list below is a summary of a few certifications received for the products of Bio-Microbics:
- RetroFAST .250 & .375 – US EPA – ETV (US Environmental Protection Agency – Environmental Technology Verification) –Develops testing procedures and validates the performance of technology that may improve the protection of the environment, including water and wastewater. ETV accelerates the introduction of environmental technologies in the market, as well as monitoring and treatment technology for homeland security.
- All Control Panels – CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Electrical Certification International and the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI), the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), Health Canada, provincial regulators, and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to promote standards for consumer safety in North America and around the world. Tested to standards for safety and/or performance.
- All Control Panels – CE – European Electrical Systems (including a “Tropical Certification Rating”) When products have been shown to meet the essential requirements of the directive or EN standard the product is available for sale anywhere in the European market.
- All Control Panels – ETL and RoHS Compliant – Intertek Testing ServicesEvaluated and meets the standard equivalent to the requirements set by Intertek and equivalent to UL (Underwriter’s Laboratories).
- All FAST – Poland – Aprobata Techniczna (Technology Approval) ze Instytut Ochrony Srodowiska (Institute of Environmental Protection)
- All FAST – Russia – (Federal Service of Environmental Protection) Technology Approval
- All Control Panels – SASO (Saudi Arabian Standards Organization) Electrical StandardsThe Saudi Arabian Standards Organization approves national standards and measurements for all commodities and products, methods of sampling, inspection and testing, in addition to other assignments resolved by SASO Board of Directors in the Kingdom.
- All FAST – U.K. – United Kingdom Department of Trade
Independent Third-Party Testing
Verification programs/locations in which Bio-Microbics installed a Wastewater Treatment System for analysis of performance:
- Massachusetts Title 5 General Use – The first system described as an “Innovative and Alternative (I/A) System” to received the General Use Approval rating for Nitrogen Reduction
- Florida OWNRS (Onsite Wastewater Nitrogen Reduction Study) Phases I and II
- New Mexico State/New Mexico University
- University of Rhode Island
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- Ventura County, CA
- US EPA Environmental Technology Verification Program (ETV), B.C., Canada
- La Pine, OR
- Burnette, WA
- NSF International testing and evaluation for Standard 40, 245, and 350
Recent Business and Technology Awards
- 2012 President’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exports
- 2011 Kansas Governor Exporter of the Year
- 2011 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Award (Decentralized Commercial Outlets)
- 2011 New Product of the Year (Recycling) – BioBarrier MBR System – Environmental Protection Magazine (EPOnline)
- 2010 North American Technology Innovation Award (Water/Wastewater) – Frost & Sullivan
- 2009 Exporter of the Year Award, Environmental – ThinkGlobal / Commercial News USA (Official publication of the US Dept. of Commerce)
- 2009 Technology Merit Business Achievement Award, Water/Wastewater – Environmental Business Journal (EBJ)