Self-cleaning Deflector Screens
StormTEE® litter control screens are ideally suited for the simple, affordable removal of trash/litter/debris and associated pollutants from stormwater flows in a variety of applications. These patented, self-cleaning deflector screens can be used alone or in conjunction with other devices, including the combination fine- particle separation and oil/water coalescing modular unit as part of a complete BioSTORM® stormwater treatment system. StormTEE deflector screens are easy to install in both new construction projects and is perfect for retrofits too.
- Ideal for new projects or retrofit of existing systems
- Easy to install, mounts easily in pre-cast concrete tanks and basins
- Easy to maintain, requires only periodic removal of accumulated debris
Unique Design Characteristics
1. Self-Cleaning Screen and Swab Feature – The smooth exterior surface of the StormTEE promotes the deflection of solids back into the tank. Any solids that may inadvertently become trapped in the angled slots can be easily dislodged from outside the tank with a few easy swipes of the built- in cleaning swab.
2. Custom Outlet Tee – All StormTEE’s come with their own convenient and affordable outlet tee. Once the custom outlet tee is secured to the tank wall and connected to the outlet pipe, the StormTEE screen easily slips inside the custom outlet tee like a sword in a sheath.
3. Angled Slots – Angled slots, similar to those used in industrial well screens, are used because they resist blinding (clogging) better than mesh-type screening devices. The appropriate slot width does not allow nuisance solids to be discharged.
USA and International Product Certifications
The list below is a summary of a few certifications received for the products of Bio-Microbics:
- RetroFAST .250 & .375 – US EPA – ETV (US Environmental Protection Agency – Environmental Technology Verification) –Develops testing procedures and validates the performance of technology that may improve the protection of the environment, including water and wastewater. ETV accelerates the introduction of environmental technologies in the market, as well as monitoring and treatment technology for homeland security.
- All Control Panels – CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Electrical Certification International and the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI), the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), Health Canada, provincial regulators, and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to promote standards for consumer safety in North America and around the world. Tested to standards for safety and/or performance.
- All Control Panels – CE – European Electrical Systems (including a “Tropical Certification Rating”) When products have been shown to meet the essential requirements of the directive or EN standard the product is available for sale anywhere in the European market.
- All Control Panels – ETL and RoHS Compliant – Intertek Testing ServicesEvaluated and meets the standard equivalent to the requirements set by Intertek and equivalent to UL (Underwriter’s Laboratories).
- All FAST – Poland – Aprobata Techniczna (Technology Approval) ze Instytut Ochrony Srodowiska (Institute of Environmental Protection)
- All FAST – Russia – (Federal Service of Environmental Protection) Technology Approval
- All Control Panels – SASO (Saudi Arabian Standards Organization) Electrical StandardsThe Saudi Arabian Standards Organization approves national standards and measurements for all commodities and products, methods of sampling, inspection and testing, in addition to other assignments resolved by SASO Board of Directors in the Kingdom.
- All FAST – U.K. – United Kingdom Department of Trade
Independent Third-Party Testing
Verification programs/locations in which Bio-Microbics installed a Wastewater Treatment System for analysis of performance:
- Massachusetts Title 5 General Use – The first system described as an “Innovative and Alternative (I/A) System” to received the General Use Approval rating for Nitrogen Reduction
- Florida OWNRS (Onsite Wastewater Nitrogen Reduction Study) Phases I and II
- New Mexico State/New Mexico University
- University of Rhode Island
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- Ventura County, CA
- US EPA Environmental Technology Verification Program (ETV), B.C., Canada
- La Pine, OR
- Burnette, WA
- NSF International testing and evaluation for Standard 40, 245, and 350
Recent Business and Technology Awards
- 2012 President’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exports
- 2011 Kansas Governor Exporter of the Year
- 2011 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Award (Decentralized Commercial Outlets)
- 2011 New Product of the Year (Recycling) – BioBarrier MBR System – Environmental Protection Magazine (EPOnline)
- 2010 North American Technology Innovation Award (Water/Wastewater) – Frost & Sullivan
- 2009 Exporter of the Year Award, Environmental – ThinkGlobal / Commercial News USA (Official publication of the US Dept. of Commerce)
- 2009 Technology Merit Business Achievement Award, Water/Wastewater – Environmental Business Journal (EBJ)
StormTEE Product Brochures
StormTEE® Drawings and Specifications
|StormTEE Model Size||Screen Diameter||Screening Level||Flow Range||File Type|
|SMT818||8″||1/8″||450-750 GPM||DXF PDF|
|SMT838||8″||3/8″||450-750 GPM||DXF PDF|
|SMT1618||16″||1/8″||2250-4500 GPM||DXF PDF|
|SMT1638||16″||3/8″||2250-4500 GPM||DXF PDF|