RetroFAST® systems are designed for residential strength wastewater in 3 specific sizes. Designed for enhancing or repairing existing septic systems that have biologically failed, the RetroFAST system inserts into an existing 16″ manhole without the need for heavy equipment. A very cost effective solution that meets environmental standards with long term results.
Where sites and regulations allow, the RetroFAST can be used in “new” installations. It delivers high levels of treatment (from day one) to help ensure the clogging layers never form. The RetroFAST system constantly provides dissolved oxygen (DO) rich effluent into the drain/leach field.
Finding the right size…
Finding the right system for your home can be as simple as knowing the number of individuals living at a residence. It is recommended to check what local regulations require in case additional information is needed.
USA and International Product Certifications
The list below is a summary of a few certifications received for the products of Bio-Microbics:
To visit the NSF Standard 40 Listing Page for BioMicrobics, go here
To visit the NSF Standard 245 Listing Page for BioMicrobics, go here
To visit the NSF Standard 350 Listing Page for BioMicrobics, go here
- RetroFAST .250 & .375 – US EPA – ETV (US Environmental Protection Agency – Environmental Technology Verification) –Develops testing procedures and validates the performance of technology that may improve the protection of the environment, including water and wastewater. ETV accelerates the introduction of environmental technologies in the market, as well as monitoring and treatment technology for homeland security.
- All Control Panels – CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Electrical Certification International and the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI), the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), Health Canada, provincial regulators, and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to promote standards for consumer safety in North America and around the world. Tested to standards for safety and/or performance.
- All Control Panels – CE – European Electrical Systems (including a “Tropical Certification Rating”) When products have been shown to meet the essential requirements of the directive or EN standard the product is available for sale anywhere in the European market.
- All Control Panels – ETL and RoHS Compliant – Intertek Testing ServicesEvaluated and meets the standard equivalent to the requirements set by Intertek and equivalent to UL (Underwriter’s Laboratories).
- All FAST – Poland – Aprobata Techniczna (Technology Approval) ze Instytut Ochrony Srodowiska (Institute of Environmental Protection)
- All FAST – Russia – (Federal Service of Environmental Protection) Technology Approval
- All Control Panels – SASO (Saudi Arabian Standards Organization) Electrical StandardsThe Saudi Arabian Standards Organization approves national standards and measurements for all commodities and products, methods of sampling, inspection and testing, in addition to other assignments resolved by SASO Board of Directors in the Kingdom.
- All FAST – U.K. – United Kingdom Department of Trade
Independent Third-Party Testing
Verification programs/locations in which Bio-Microbics installed a Wastewater Treatment System for analysis of performance:
- Massachusetts Title 5 General Use – The first system described as an “Innovative and Alternative (I/A) System” to received the General Use Approval rating for Nitrogen Reduction
- Florida OWNRS (Onsite Wastewater Nitrogen Reduction Study) Phases I and II
- New Mexico State/New Mexico University
- University of Rhode Island
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- Ventura County, CA
- US EPA Environmental Technology Verification Program (ETV), B.C., Canada
- La Pine, OR
- Burnette, WA
- NSF International testing and evaluation for Standard 40, 245, and 350
Recent Business and Technology Awards
- 2012 President’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exports
- 2011 Kansas Governor Exporter of the Year
- 2011 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Award (Decentralized Commercial Outlets)
- 2011 New Product of the Year (Recycling) – BioBarrier MBR System – Environmental Protection Magazine (EPOnline)
- 2010 North American Technology Innovation Award (Water/Wastewater) – Frost & Sullivan
- 2009 Exporter of the Year Award, Environmental – ThinkGlobal / Commercial News USA (Official publication of the US Dept. of Commerce)
- 2009 Technology Merit Business Achievement Award, Water/Wastewater – Environmental Business Journal (EBJ)
FAST® Owners Manual (PDF)
FAST® Septic System DOs & DONTs (PDF Poster)
RetroFAST Drawings and Specifications
|Unit Size||Treatment Capacity||File Type|
|RetroFAST 0.15||150 GPD||DXF PDF|
|RetroFAST 0.25||250 GPD||DXF PDF|
|RetroFAST 0.375||375 GPD||DXF PDF|
The S.O.S.-Save Our Septic® Program provides homeowners peace of mind when upgrading biologically failed septic systems and to prevent future failures. With the RetroFAST® Septic System Enhancement, fix or prevent:
- Soggy Lawns
- Foul Odors
- Plumbing Backups
Guaranteed or your money back! Whether due to age or site issues, the S.O.S.-Save Our Septic® Program identifies an existing septic system’s biological failing situation. Under this program, we are offering a MONEY-BACK warranty. If after one (1) year from the date of startup date, the RetroFAST® Septic System Enhancement does not eliminate the symptoms of the biologically failed system; the owner is entitled to the refund amount of the entire RetroFAST® system.
Why did my Septic System fail?
There could be many reasons why your septic system failed, such as overuse, under-use, age, improper sizing, additives, etc. With only 15-20% of the treatment occurring in the tank in a conventional septic system, the rest is reliant on the drainfield. Furthermore, the untreated water contains an abundance of nitrogen (which promotes the growth of algae and other unwanted autotrophic organisms). Over time, this combination can build a slimy, biomat layer clogging the trench forcing the water to the surface.
Help for Septic Systems
The EPA-ETV verified RetroFAST® septic system enhancement consistently deliver high levels of treatment (90-95%) in the tank and provide dissolved oxygen (DO) to the drainfield without the use of costly chemicals or additives. The Fixed Integrated Treatment Technology (FITT™) of the FAST® process creates optimal contact between the incoming waste, free oxygen, and biomass. This allows FAST® to maximize pollutant reduction. The dissolved oxygen and highly treated effluent into the failed disposal field to aid in digesting the excessive biomat. With the biomat diminished and the drain field rejuvenated, the soil is free to accept future septic effluent and extend the life of the drain field.
FINAL TECHNICAL REPORT Demonstration Project Remediation of over 25 OWTS near Table Rock Lake (Missouri) and influencing numerous installers and homeowners to seek advanced OWTS options: http://water.epa.gov/infrastructure/septic/upload/tablerock_report.pdf